Sunday, August 6, 2017

Princess Elizabeth's Spy by Susan Elia MacNeal

Title: Princess Elizabeth's Spy
Author: Susan Elia MacNeal
Genre: Historical Fiction/Mystery

Synopsis: In the second novel of the Maggie Hope Mystery series, Maggie is now working for MI-5. Churchill has a special assignment for Ms. Hope, going undercover as a tutor to Princess Elizabeth at Windsor Castle. Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret are living at Windsor to remain safe while Germany continues to bomb London during WWII. After multiple mysterious deaths and making some new friends, Maggie has her work cut out for her keeping the royal children safe.


My Thoughts

After I finished the first novel in this series I was so excited to find out that there was more to read about Maggie Hope.  Thanks again to one of my colleagues who lent me these first two Maggie Hope Mysteries! 
While many aspects of the story are fictional (including Maggie), it contains some factual information and fictionalized versions of people who were alive at the time. Anyone who knows me knows that I love the British Royal Family, so I was hooked as soon as I read the title!
You may notice how soon this post is following the last one (Gutenberg's Apprentice). That is because I could not put this book down. It is well written, intriguing, and has so many lovable characters. MacNeal has mastered the plot twist, with the effect being a very quick placed narrative that keeps the reader guessing. I was dying to know how it would end, but at the same time wanting the book to go on forever.  I seriously cannot wait to read the next one! 
 In addition, some of MacNeal's non-fiction references from the back may be added to my list of must-reads for the future!

If you like the British Royal Family, stories about WWII, or mysteries then this book is for you!

Comment below if you have read this book or have suggestions for others like it!


To buy this book from Amazon now, click on the image at the top of the post.
To see more from Susan Elia MacNeal, visit her website linked above.

No comments:

Post a Comment