Friday, July 3, 2020

Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon

Title: Dragonfly in Amber
Author: Diana Gabaldon
Genre: Fiction, SciFi, Historical, Fantasy

Other books I've read by this author: Outlander

Synopsis: The second book in the Outlander series picks up as Jamie and Claire leave Scotland and head to the continent to live in safety. It chronicles their lives in France, where Jamie is working for his cousin and becomes a confidant to Prince Charles, the ousted Scottish prince. Claire and Jamie work to stop the uprising and save the Highlanders from the battle of Culloden, but can they change history?


My Thoughts

900 pages have never gone by so fast for me as when I am reading this series. It is so fast-paced and intriguing that I had a hard time putting down, reading until I cannot actually keep my eyes open anymore. If you liked Outlander, then you will love this book as well. All of the best characters, plus a few great new additions continue the complex and varied storylines created by Gabaldon. 
If you have watched the series, you will find that this book covers season 2, but also crosses a bit to season 3 with some time spent in the 1960s. 
I am all caught up on the TV series, so being able to go back and read the books has helped me survive 'Droughtlander' as fans await season 6. 
I cannot wait to read the next book in the series! 

Comment below if you have read this book or have suggestions for others like it!




To buy this book from Amazon now, click on the image at the top of the post.
To see more from the author, visit the website linked above

No comments:

Post a Comment