Friday, October 29, 2021

Walt Longmire Mystery Series by Craig Johnson

 


Title: The Cold Dish

Author: Craig Johnson

Genre: Fiction

Other Books I've Listened to by this Author: Death Without Company, Kindness Goes Unpunished

Synopsis: Sheriff Walter Longmire solves crimes in Absaroka County, Wyoming with his deputies and best friend, Henry Standing Bear.



My Thoughts

I was a big fan of the Longmire television series inspired by these books, so I decided to check out the books. I truly love to read so I had not ventured into the world of audiobooks, but when I decided to take the train to Montana I knew this would be the perfect series to enjoy along the way. Having motion sickness and knowing that I would want to see all the scenery traveling from Ohio to Montana I decided that it was time to give audiobooks a try. 
The narrator who reads this series has the perfect voice for Walt Longmire. He is very good and really enjoyable to listen to, though sometimes it is so soothing I accidentally drift off. I can't imagine enjoying the rest of the series in any other format.
As for the novels themselves, I really love the author's style. The humor is smart and quippy, the characters are well developed, and the mystery always has some twists and turns that keep the reader guessing. Sheriff Longmire is a complicated person with strong relationships with the people of the community, his out-of-state daughter, meanwhile dealing with the loss of his wife.
While the storyline is a bit different than the tv show, I find it just as enjoyable with a modern western feel and relatable characters.


Comment below if you have read this book or have suggestions for others like it!




To buy this book from Amazon now, click on the image at the top of the post.
To see more from the author, visit the website linked above

No comments:

Post a Comment